Re: hardware & distro recos for using with Presonus Firepod?

Thanks Daniel, that's good to know. Do you ( or anyone else ) have a recommendation as to the ( holy war ) AMD Phenom vs Intel i5 or i7 question? It's been years since I paid attention to hardware for linux audio and suddenly I need to replace a machine quickly. I'm hoping to stay in midrange for price. Too many options!

Iain