Re: USB Audio interfaces for linux?

2009/11/22 Andrew C <countfuzzball@xxxxxxxxx>
Wow, thanks a million for the answers!

I'm probably might go with either the cakewalk UA-25 EW CW or the Terratec Phase26usb.

Just out of interest though, Malte Steiner mentioned that the Terratec has unbalanced outs.. Would I just be able to use my internal soundcard for output or would this be wishful thinking?

Also, do these audio interfaces just sort of, work out of the box? Plug 'n' Pray style? :/ I notice that they have very unusual inputs, are those XLR inputs (I profess I have little knowledge in this area)? What kind of cables would I need to feed audio from a mixer such as this:
http://www.thomann.de/ie/samson_mdr6_6kanal_mischpult.htm into the audio interface?
Thanks,

Andrew Coughlan.