Re: What kind of sample(er)s etc for classical music

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:01 AM, drew Roberts <zotz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 04 November 2009 11:49:47 Mark Knecht wrote:
> Even non-GPL LinuxSampler won't help you if you can't buy
> samples anymore...

Any thoughts on a collective fund to create Free and perhaps copyleft?
samples?

Perhaps an angle would be that they are available gratis with a copyleft
license or for sale with some sort of royalty free license and those funds
could be used to fund the creation of more sample libraries...

Who knows what the economics of the creation of sample libraries are like?

all the best,

drew

There was a project on sourceforge at one point to create a free orchestral library but I don't know what ever happened to it. It seems dead to me. It's still listed on the linuxsampler web site.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openorchestra/

Dan