Re: RME HDSP 9632 - amixer control

Hi Giso and others.

If you read the thread at alsa-devel - you refered to below - it seems that more people were facing this issue already in 2003.

It seems that the whole thing works only, if you use the default setting/routing.

Currently at factory default  HDSPmixer routes the first playback channel to the first Adat output, which happens to sit right below playback out1/out2 in the HDSPmixer graphics.

Correspondingly this  would mean I need to use an Alsaplayback channel out 13/14  to get to AN3+4. I think it is worth a try.
But - how do I output data to alsa-playback channel 13/14 on my device 0 ? I am using ecasound and alsaoutput 0,0 right now for out1/out2. No idea how to assign 13/14.

Since the earlier discussed amixer method won't work -- at least in my case - I am wondering if the commands

/usr/bin/amixer -c 0 cset numid=5 26,2,32768
/usr/bin/amixer -c 0 cset numid=5 27,3,32768

reflect the HDSP logic:

The logic in HDSPmixer to setup the route from Alsa Out1/Out2 to my AN3+4 output:

1. Assign playback channels Out1/Out2 to AN3+4 output channels. This will automatically mute playback channels out1/out2 . Now you need to unmute the playback channels.
Only this action will activate the new outputs. ( This you'll see if you look in the HW-output selection field)

The output channels AN3+AN4 themselves run at 100% or 0db at factory default. No need to touch them. However would be nice to know how to control these with amixer.

(Note: What's strange though playback output 15/16 is muted by default!?!)

Were not yet ready:

To get rid of a connection e.g. the default Adat routing, since now traffic is routed to AN3+4 AND Adat A1+2 you:

2. Select the Adat channels A1/A2 on playback channel Out1/Out2. Now you mute and then unmute manually playback channels Out1/Out2. Without this manual action nothing will change.
   No idea how to do that with amixer.

The mute/unmute of playback outputs seem to play fundamental role in the routing process. Perhaps something in this area goes wrong. Again: Is there a way to explicitely control  channel
volume with amixer?

( Beside that I figured that  "mute" on MASTER and Playback Outs, does not work at all with HDSPmixer)

Cheers
\Klaus