Rosegarden crashes when recording externel audio

Hey all,
I'm running Debian testing and I'm trying to record external audio from my yamaha keyboard via the mike-in jack. While I can hear the sound and see the audio meter jump in rosegarden, when I record some audio and then press 'stop', rosegarden crashes with:

http://pastebin.ca/1615355

 Any ideas what's going on here?

On a slightly related note, when I connected capture_1 to my system output in qjackctl, there's a lot of annoying noise and random blips and bleeps. Is this a silly integrated sound card related problem (i.e I should buy something better) or what?

Oddly enough, I don't get any noise or blips/bleeps when just sending the keyboard from mic in to my speakers without connecting capture_1 to the jack output.

Thanks,

Andrew Coughlan