Re: Ext3 or JFS (or other) for linux audio?

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, cunnilinux himself wrote:

Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:32:40 +0300
From: cunnilinux himself <cunnilinux@xxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Ext3 or JFS (or other) for linux audio?

Ext3 or JFS
quite a strange question, imnsho :)
i'd rather ask about ext4 vs xfs

i would not recommend ext3 — too slow

xfs is fast & reliable, but at least it does not have any tools to
deal with bad blocks if they appear.

so the answer is ext4.

I'm looking at this same question myself, but with one additional constraint: Support on the Mac OSX platform - I frequently share my projects with a collaborator who has one. A quick search turned up several people who are just *beginning* to develop ext4 support for OSX.

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                               -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009