Re: instructional videos ?

On 08/31/2009 04:41 PM, Tuukka Jääskeläinen wrote:
I would vote for the work flow tutorials also! I have been now lurking the LAU-list for quite a while, experimenting couple of times with linux-based music production, getting the system up and running quite a few times, but after that just finding myself in a full stop, not knowing what to do with it.

It would also be very interesting to see/hear the work flow of other linux-audio-users. Especially the ones producing electronic music.

Good idea for a thread.

Here's one setup that I have used.

1: start jack
2: start jackEQ
3: start Alsaplayer x 2
4: start jack-rack x 2
5: start terminatorX
6: start ams
7: run script to connect all the jack ports appropriately.

alsaplayer1 -> jackEQ in 1a/b
alsaplayer2 -> jackEQ in 2a/b
tX -> jackEQ in 3a/b
ams ->jackEQ in 4a/b
jackEQ send/return1 -> jack-rack1
jackEQ send/return2 -> jack-rack2
jackEQ monitor to jack output 1/2 (headphones)
jackEQ master -> jack output 3/4  (mixing desk)

I know others have used

xwax/mixx->alsa to achieve a similar setup to above but with a single app

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Norval Watson <norv2001@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So far I think that the properties of JACK/QJackCtl/Patchage are
> the most mystifying, I'll probably start there. I'll plan on three
> videos to start, that'll carry me through the next two months of
> submissions (assuming the vids are any good and get some decent numbers).
>
> Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, I appreciate the input and
> will consider all your suggestions.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

These 3 vids on Jack/Ardour by Andrew Johnston are pretty good, I learnt a few things from them last week..
http://www.vimeo.com/2867399
HTH
Norv

- Tuukka J. / 100% of Solarians