Re: (no subject)

On 7/12/09, drew Roberts <zotz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> On Sunday 12 July 2009 15:49:24 Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:>> Dave Phillips wrote:>> > Ken Restivo wrote:>> >> This is awesome. Someone should start a thread of just nothing, and>> >> .sigs.>> >>>> >> We could call it  4'33">> >>> > Btw, I have a MIDI file of that piece, in case anyone wants it.>> >>> > (Totally straightfaced),>> >>> > dp>>>> cool. send it my way. i've had no soundfonts whatsoever installed on my>> system for quite a while, and i was wondering what to do with them.>> I much prefer analogue silence to digital silence and midi silence comes in> last. Well unless we get into virtual silence and imaginary silence.>> On a related topic, I heard that the income that can be earned from a public> performance of this piece on a Tuesday between 9 and 11 pm is proportional> to> the volume at which it is performed. Can anyone on list confirm or deny this> fict?>> drew
Wasn't Cages original idea that there really couldn't be a silentpiece? New sound appeared with each new audience. The audience, in away, become the performance. Likewise, they're the performers. So, itseems the volume would be proportional to the amount of peeps thatpaid to experience a live show. Like us, at this virtual outing on athread that began so softly, it's tough to remain completely silentfor too long.