Re: Audio Distribution Proposal...

Mark Knecht wrote:

> Is that arch, as in Arch Linux, and not arch as in ~arch on Gentoo?

That would be arch linux.

> read your web page and feel disappointed that the Gentoo install still
> either frustrates or scares off so many people

I not the more hard-core linux user around, but I would say above
average :-) And I can tell you I went after gentoo with and open mind
and time on my hands and still couldn't make that first boot. I might
have simply lost my way, and overlooked to obvious/simple/actual path,
but then that's what I did.

 > but it sounds like you
> made a good decision. I hear good things about Arch.

It seems to be working out very well. A bit (or quite a bit, depending
on how you look at it) of hand-config and per-package install, but it's
a quite simple distro, very straight-ahead and seems very responsive and
up-to-date.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte