Re: Mono suitable for creating LAU applications?

As far as higher level apps are concerned, Ocaml has libraries
available for jack, alsa, and ladspa. It is garbage collected but much
faster than most other garbage collected languages. I have not tried
these libs, but they may be worth checking out. When I code an audio
app, I usually start with a prototype in PD (galan, ingen, or maybe
even ams would probably work too, but PD is more like a programming
language), then I translate the logic of the PD patch into C. If you
know your patch well enough, the translation is trivial. Since I am OK
with using PD's license, I can even peek at the C source of PD if I am
having trouble translating some built in PD object for my algorithm
(for example their optimized 4 point interpolation algorithm is
something I would not have discovered on my own).