Re: Running Status v.s "Ordinary" Status and MIDI merging

On Thursday 02 April 2009 at 17:52:35 Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Does KeyKit have ports that are listed by "aplaymidi -l" (ALSA sequencer
> ports), or does it want to read from devices named /dev/midi* (OSS ports)?
>

> Best regards,
> Clemens

Clemens,

there are two ways keykit can handle its ports and both need different
settings when compiling the sources. I thought I had compiled keykit to use
ALSA sequencer ports but aplaymidi -l indeed does not list keykit's ports. So
I guess they must be OSS ports and ALSA is wrapping them invisibly for me.
aconnectgui shows keykit ports so I have never suspected anything.

I have never intended to use anything different than ALSA sequencer MIDI
connection and I am not sure how it all happened I have not gotten that for
keykit.

Now I am trying to recompile keykit so it can connect to ALSA sequencer ports
and have more than one IN and OUT port, and, hopefully, supports incoming
running status.

Kind regards,
Crypto.