Re: firewire newbie in trouble

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I went ahead and got myself a edirol fa-66. Having no experience with
> firewire I have no idea why it doesn't work. The problem is that jack
> (qjackctl) seems to start up fine, but dies after a few seconds. My jack
> settings are IMO conservative: buffer size of 256.

never used freebob, but since it's waaay old and ffado is in pretty good
shape, can i suggest that you try to upgrade to ffado?

here's how:
http://subversion.ffado.org/wiki/InstallingFfadoFromSource

if you still run into problems, hop on ffado-user and i'm sure somebody
can get you going. i don't use edirol gear myself, or i would be more
specific...

best,

jörn