Re: Web-based Notation

andy baxter wrote:
> He's managed fine so
> far like this, but is finding that to get work and to work with other
> musicians he needs to be able to write notation.

Then he should learn to write notation.

The solution is surely not to have a program printing what he played,
esp as he can't even verify that it did it right.

There are many other benefits from learning to read:
* a new world of dynamics, articulations etc might open up.
* you can easily check out styles that are far from what you're used to
* you'll experience music theory as you play

Although many composition teachers tell you compositions should sound
improvised, I firmly believe that working a bit on the improvised
composition might make it work better as a composition.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk