all in ram?

I have a question about running linux in ram.

The Scenario.

I'm researching building a dedicated Lsampler box, running headless, with netjack doing the ins and outs.

Given the usually large templates i run (full orchestra), including a lot of articulations, i'm wondering how feasible it would be to build a barebones Linux OS, with linuxsampler as the sole app, more or less, (and required libs, etc...), and run the entire thing in ram, that is, the OS, Lsampler, and samples.

Is this possible, and if someone's already tried this in some form or other successfully or otherwise, could you share some experiences, pros and cons, etc... ?

I would be doing all this in Linux 64bit, if it has some decent advantages.

Alex.

--
Parchment Studios (It started as a joke...)