Re: good linux distros for audio

Le Lundi, 23 février 2009 17:25:45 +0100,mikk <michiel33@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Who can explain to me why it seems to be so hard to get a stable> audio and video environment in Linux (not requiring recompilations> and intricate tweaks) while this problem seems to have been solved> quite satisfactorily in Windows? What is the fundamental reason for> this?
For me it's simple: everything worked fine and then 'they' came up withPulse Audio.
Also, while at it:
kpdf worked fine and then 'they' got rid of it and replaced it withsome Okular in the newest KDE 4.x.
The Konqueror web browser had nice icons to zoom in/out of pagesand then 'they' removed them totally.
You could drag and drop files from a file manager to a console windowand then 'they' removed that functionality in KDE 4.x.
I could assign Alt-1. Alt-2, etc... to switch desktops and then theymade that really hard to assign in KDE 4.x (still haven't found it)
OK, what else... hmmm... can't find anything else.  For the moment :-)
I don't know if this is progress, but sometimes I doubt it.