Re: good linux distros for audio

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:25 AM, mikk <michiel33@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
while this problem seems to have been solved quite satisfactorily in Windows?

Umm, have you ever tried to use windows for audio??

It may be (sorta) stable, but functionality is almost non-existant. Jack beats anything I've ever seen, hands down.

And if you are complaining about the whole Realtime thing, realize this: Windows does not provide *any* RT options. So, if you like that, just use a non-rt kernel. It's pretty stable in my experience.

--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg