Re: using a condensator microphone live

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Atte André Jensen wrote:

Fons Adriaensen wrote:

The important point is not if the mic is condenser or dynamic,
but if it is designed for on-stage vocals or not.

Most condensors are 'studio' mics, they also tend to be more
sensitive to handling noise and environmental conditions (in
particular humidity and air currents).

Yours is explicitly advertised as a 'studio mic'.

Ok, so basically your saying I should rather forget about it and get a
second SM58 (or something like that)?

The SM58 is the 'standard of mediocraty' for stage vocals. There are also excellent condenser vocal mics available. I do live sound regularly, and I see Shure beta 87A's and AKG 535's effectively used frequently.

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                               -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009