surround sound with stereo usb DACs?

Folks,
I'm slowly building a hi-fi surround system around Trends Audio products. They have a nice, little, stereo usb DAC. I am really only looking at wanting 4 channels for now. I have something like 8 usb2 ports on this computer so i have plenty.
Can i have my player (xine or mplayer or what have you)  decode the signal be it dolby digital, dts, or the blu-ray formats (ha) into channels and then send (right and left) out of one usb port and (right rear and left rear) out of a second usb port to a pair of these stereo DACs.  I assume if i eventually wanted an 8 channel system i could so the same thing with more channels?
Is this feasible? Any drawbacks?
Also, those Trends Audio TA-10.1 are awesome.
Thanks.

-- Bearcat M. ŞandorBearcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bearcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bearcatsandor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: bearcatsandorAIM: bearcatmsandor