Re: placement.

I hasten to add here, Fons, that there's little doubt any crashes are my user error, as the last 12 months in particular have taught me. Something about the idiot between the chair and the keyboard........

And thanks for the IR info. I'll go through it carefully as i'm no expert in this, by any means. Having a set of fairly generic orchestral templates would certainly take a lot of the donkey work out of the process, hence my question.

Alex.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:52 AM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 05:16:09PM +0300, alex stone wrote:

> Jorn, thanks for feedback. I've just tried one of Fon's amb plugs, and it
> repeatedly crashed ardour,
> further.

They shouldn't, and here they don't...

As to 'distance' placement, jconv is written to do the
following efficiently:

- Have a large number of short mono->b-form IRs, each
one doing the early reflections for a given source
location, and

- A single long mono->b-form IR for the reverb tail.

Then, for each source, you use *two* aux sends, the
first to one of the short IRs, and the second to the
reverb tail. Relative levels and a short delay on the
first one will allow you control apparent distance,
for a close source, the early reflection will have
to come later and be weaker and vice versa.

Creating such a config is a bit of work, it requires
splitting up the full IR, ensuring everything remains
aligned, etc. etc., but I have some. One of my projects
(after the LAC probably) will be to automate this process.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia