Re: Compiling Rubber Band (sorta) revisited

Am Montag 15 September 2008 schrieb Darren Landrum:

> Florian Schmidt wrote:

> > Well basically you tell the configure script to add a string "no" to every

> > build line.. Then of course g++ tries to compile a file called "no". Which is

> > probably not what you want..

> So why did it work before? Some kind of environment difference?

> If I want to tell configure not to compile any of the Vamp stuff, how

> would I do it?

> I ask not just because I want to avoid Vamp for now, but because my last

> experience with compiling Vamp went very, very poorly. It was all

> documented on this list.

> Someway, somehow, I was once able to tell Rubber Band not to compile its

> Vamp plug-in examples.

Are you really sure you used "no" as argument for these variables? they come

from pkgconfig usually and contain paths and/or options, or are empty if the

package in question isn't installed. Try

./configure Vamp_CFLAGS= Vamp_LIBS=

This seems to have the desired effect here, although Vamp is installed and

detected by ./configure, the g++ lines look like this later:

g++ -DHAVE_FFTW3 -DFFTW_DOUBLE_ONLY -DNO_THREAD_CHECKS -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -Irubberband -Isrc -c -o src/AudioCurve.o src/AudioCurve.cpp

> Thanks for the help.

> Regards,

> Darren Landrum

Edgar