Re: OpenMoko FreeRunner and Real Time Kernel

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... In fact PulseAudio is so slow on this phone that the audio hiccups when just playing an OGG file using ogg123, if the terminal application is open and updating with ogg123's stderr output. I'm told this is to do with the ARM's lack of support for atomic operations, which PulseAudio requires, and the use of interrupt masking and spinlocks as a hack around that....

Hmm does ogg123 use the tremor libraries to play oggs?  I know on the n700/n8*0 we actually have to use the tremor libs to avoid floating point operations, which the standard ogg libraries do.  If it doesn't I might say that would be a fairly good chunk of your performance problems there.

      Seablade