Re: OT: linux phone?

Out of curiosity, can the in what usability state is the FreeRunner in?  Funnily enough I am considering switching carriers and getting a new phone, and I might be willing to forego a few features in favor of an open phone, if it is ready for consumer use at this time.  I don't think I could handle the risk of alpha software in a phone at the moment due to how connected I need to stay.  On the plus side though, it might well be worth it if I could say, hook up a SoundDevices USBPre and record to the MicroSD slot through it for a field recorder;)

Also does it support any 3G capabilities?  That is one requirement I might not be able to give up due to work.

     Seablade