Re: Compiling Patchage...dependencies - Raul and FlowCanvas

On Mon, 19 May 2008 00:32:08 -0400"Roger Wakeman" <rwakeman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]> > Also, this happens> > robeast@64studio:/etc/ld.so.conf.d$ ldconfig> bash: ldconfig: command not found>
You probably want to run `sudo ldconfig`. ldconfig is in the /sbin/directory, which is usually only in your PATH if you're root. (Not tomention that the action it takes can only be performed by root.)
[...]> I executed the same brute force hack and now patchage hits an error > when I run "sudo make":> > Patchage.cpp: In constructor ‘Patchage::Patchage(int, char**)’:> Patchage.cpp:149: error: ‘class Gtk::AboutDialog’ has no member > named ‘property_program_name’> make[1]: *** [Patchage.o] Error 1> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robeast/Desktop/patchage/src'> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
This is actually because the property program_name was introduced ingtkmm 2.12, and the patchage config script doesn't check your gtkmmversion. So if your gtkmm isn't recent enough, you get no errors untilyou try to compile Patchage.cpp.
If possible, try installing gtkmm >= 2.12. This probably involves anupgrade of glib and gtk+ too, so it might be too much trouble if yourdistribution doesn't provide packages for it. If you don't upgradegtkmm, you might try as a last resort commenting out lines in thepatchage source until it compiles, though I can't guarantee that willwork.
Oh, and you don't need sudo for `make`, just for `make install`.