Re: OT: Portable Keyboard

>  James Stone wrote:>   > I thought the korg X50 looks quite nice.. I am considering getting>   > one, although I don't think the keyboard will be much of an upgrade>   > over the Evolution.. I think the built in sounds are pretty amazing>   > though.>>  I really like the look of that. But at 450 pounds it's still somewhat>  over my budget.>>  Cue everyone rolling their eyes and thinking to themselves "you can't>  have everything and get it cheap". But in all seriousness I shouldn't>  have to be looking at expensive high end gear to get what I want. The>  perfect solution would be a consumer grade keyboard, but with line-out>  added (there's no way that's hard or expensive), and different>  proportions. I'm not really asking them to cram stuff into less space>  (though I *know* there's no need for them to be that size). Just change>  the proportions.
I think I may have found just the thing: The xiosynth from Novation. Ithink you can get it for around £190 new (4 octave version). It doesanalogue modeling, and apparently also has some sampled sounds. In theend I bought a second hand yamaha an-1x which has a very nice solidlybuilt keyboard - 5 octaves with aftertouch , and good (analoguemodeled) sounds. I paid £210 for it.