Re: bass line

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:34 PM, schoappied <schoappied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bass guitar parts are usually written on the bass clef, just like the
> left hand part of a piano score, and should be in the same key as the
> guitar part (no transposing needed). Bass guitar, like guitar, sounds
> an octave lower than written. The 4th string on the bass (low E) is
> two octaves below the low E (6th string) on a guitar.

Thanks.
But for recording with rosegarden and linuxsampler.... does the bass
*.gig file also sounds a octave lower than written?

It depends entirely on the specific GIG instrument. Normally, afaik, most instrument authors map the samples to their true pitch. At least that is true for all orchestra libraries I know of, you otherwise would have a lot of "crazy" transposing to keep in mind. But I don't know if it's also true for all bass libraries in general.

--
Anders Dahnielson
<anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>