Re: Configuration for a FREE professionnal studio : your minds about my proposal

What do you mean by formed on Linux Audio system?

If by formed you mean fluent, you can add me to the list, I know a few off hand without much problem, and I would imagine there are many I don't know on this list even.

In as far as the OP...

General Comments:

Stay away from Phenom Processors until the revision comes out.  Once the revision hits they will likely be a good bet.  Intel, as much as I hate to say it, right now is the smarter choice until then though.

A lot of people are mentioning Tyan motherboards, just for sake of a flip side, my workstation was built on a Tyan motherboard that had a hardware defect take down the SATA controller recently.  Took three years for said defect to show up, so take it as you will.

Did you mean the RME HDSP 9632?  Or the 9652?  I don't understand why you would run a Multiface into it though, since the multiface is designed to connect to a different RME interface card natively.  I run/ran a 9632 myself, and ran via ADAT some mic pres into it and was happy with that.  Get some good quality pres, even the RME OctoPre is an option if you want to stick with them.

I do love the sound of Apogee though since I started running one on my Macbook Pro.  Unfortuanatly I do not believe they are supported yet under Linux, but that is likely coming.  On the flipside their standalone stuf is of course an option for AD/DA

I like a lot of what you had picked out, take it as you will.  Have fun though.

        Seablade