Re: [ANN] Minicomputer 1.0 softwaresynthesizer released

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 18:05, hollunder@xxxxxx wrote:> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:36:37 +0100>> Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Fons Adriaensen wrote:> > > The reason is that the process callback returns 1,> > > and this should be zero. Which means that Debian Etch> > > (and Malte's system) are using a rather dated version> > > of jack.> >> > Is this something I could/should change in the source myself in order> > to get minicomputer working on ubuntu 7.10, and if so, could you give> > a quick pointer?>> Sean Bolton already gave a quick answer previously in this thread,> here's a citation:>> ---> The jack process callback needs to return 0 on success, not 1.> Change line 794 of cpu/main.c to:>>      return 0;>> and recompile.>> -Sean> --->> I haven't tried it myself but others reported that it works.>> ~Philipp
I can confirm that changing line 794 as above does work on my Archlinux install.
I have since created a couple of patches, nothing special, and can't get any realistic piano sounds, but I don't think that this synth is going in that direction. All the same there are some realy nice default sounds.
I have a question though. There is a  nice desktop icon in the tarball, and would like to start minicomputer, and miniEditor from the desktop. I have no problem with miniEditor because I can close it on the GUI, but the only way I can close minicomputer is with a CTRL +C on the konsole where I started it.
Perhaps I'm asking a bit much here, but is there a way to launch minicomputer, and miniEditor from the desktop, then be able to shutdown both miniEditor, and minicomputer when clicking on the close (X) on miniEditor.
Just a questiion, and comments welcome.