Re: Live Performance Distro Guide

I have this laptop preformance problem, so my workaround is to:- make a custom rc7.d runlevel which deactivate all background services- deactivate cron by commenting out /etc/crontab- suppress trackerd (by de-installing it)- use evilwm instead of my standard gnome (to avoid memory overhead)I have only 256MB of ram but this works this way on ubuntuhth.- BenLe jeudi 07 février 2008 à 13:11 -0500, Christian Delahousse a écrit :> Hi guys,> > I was wondering if there was an in depth guide about linux> distrobutions optimized for live music performance. So far, I haven't> found much comparative info.> > I'm just looking for a good solution to use my laptop live for signal> processing and use Max/MSP with a midi foot controller. The thing I'm> worried about is my laptop's performance, so I'm avoiding bloated> distros. I'll only be using this for live stuff, so I don't need any> extra stuff.> > Thanks> -Chris
_______________________________________________Linux-audio-user mailing listLinux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user