Re: A pc without noise!

Until you remove all moving parts form your case, pretty much.

That being said using a Lian-Li case my workstation(Before the MB died) was pretty close to below the ambient noise in my room, so I couldn't really notice it.  So there is a point of diminishing returns that depends a bit more on the ambient environment, since i still live in apartments my ambient environment puts out a bit more noise.

          Seablade

On Jan 17, 2008 7:13 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Paul Winkler wrote:
> My computer is still not silent, but it's pretty quiet.
At long last I've replaced the video card in my JAD box. I put in a
silent GeForce 7600GS, just like in my 64Studio machine, and that
incredibly annoying fan noise is *gone*.

Now I can hear the hard drive much better. :-/

Dang. The card fan noise masked the sound of the drive, so now I need to
figure a way to silence that component. Fortunately the baffle solutions
look like they'll work for me, so I won't be buying another case.

It's always something, isn't it ?

Best,

dp