Mac Book Pro or not

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for your answers concerning the firebox audio card.
I'm planning to buy a laptop for audio work. I do not care about graphics, etc..only audio.
Is it worthy to buy a Mac Book pro? Has anyone ever worked with this machine?
I see that a linux can be installed on it. Is this recommended? Has anyone worked with the Mac OSX?
Can we directly install linux apps on it as it is unix-bases os? (with some additional libs?)

Also, my concern is that it really costs a lot..in europe, 1800€ for the basic model (15" monitor).
With that money, isn't it better to buy another great laptop?

Also, is there any problem with laptops and linux? How can I be sure linux could installed on it..(graphic card, processor, firewire..)

Advices welcome!!

Thank you very much.

--
julien