Re: high latency with usb controller during high cpu loads

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 10:38 +0100, Jozef Henzl wrote:
> Hello list,
> Is it possible to prioritize irq of a usb device? I have the behringer bcr2000
> midi controller, plugged to a usb port, and i experience really heavy
> latencies when cpu is on a high load (latency > 1s). During normal system
> operation it's ok, latency is practically realtime.

If you are running a RT patched kernel with threaded IRQ handlers you
can set the priorities for the different IRQs just as for any other RT
scheduled thread. One second of latency sounds a bit extreme though -
are you sure the problem isn't somewhere else?

--ll