Re: M-Audio Oxygen8 - some problems

Am Mittwoch, 21. November 2007 schrieb Sebastian Tschöpel:
> I got a short questions concerning testing, because I didn't find
> anything in the net:
> Do i need to restart the machine when i want to test the change to the
> udev rule-file?
> Is there a daemon that needs to be restarted or is it not necessary at all?

No need to reboot or to restart something. It just uses the new version (don't
forget to save your changes) on the next event.

And take a look at how your distribution handle custom rules. Could be that
changes to the main-config get overwritten by packages or
configuration-tools. But the distris should have a folder where you can place
your own persistent rule-files.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/