Re: unable to set scheduling priority with rt kernel

On 10/25/07, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, if chrt works now without sudo, try running

jackd -R -P 70 -d alsa ...

again. It should work now, too..

Believe it or not, I thought of that.  It doesn't work.  I also tried with Csound, no luck.  chrt -fp 70 `pidof "jackd"` works, jackd -R -P 70 -dalsa etc doesn't (it starts jackd with all the appropriate options except realtime).  Is it possible for realtime not to be compiled into jackd?  I have 0.103.0 from Debian testing.

I'm still wrestling with this.  I've been through a bunch of PAM setup stuff, and it just won't work.  jackd and Csound both refuse to run with rt priority as assigned, and yet I am able to chrt as normal user.  Perhaps jackd running as realtime is dependent on ALSA setup?
Any help is appreciated.
-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com