Re: foot switch for pausing/playing audio signals for better transcribing

On 10/24/07, Christian Ohm <chr.ohm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 October 2007 at  1:05, N. Gey wrote:
> Do you have any Idea or know of anything which do the described? Just
> sending a signal to a audioprogramm (audacious, audacity, xmms etc.)  to
> halt?

xmms has a joystick plugin to control it; with a cheap USB gamepad
(optionally transplanted into an old stompbox or something else more
durable) that should do the job. audacious' evdev plugin should also be
able to do this.

I could be wrong, but I'd suspect a pedal for a MIDI keyboard would be cheaper than a USB gamepad, and intended for just that.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com