Re: Music making on low spec laptop

chris beagles wrote:

> Is it feasible to be able to do any sort of composition with this sort
> of setup?

Stick with mostly samples driven either by specimen or tapeutape. When
you need a synth pd should be possible to use. Stay away from too many
(any?) ladspa plugins, maybe besides a simple reverb to add space.

As a sequencer I'd try seq24. It works better the more your music is
loopbased, but I also done some "normal music" (:-)) with it.

If your system is well configured for realtime you should be able to
drive your cpu towards 100% without xruns, so that's the most important
thing...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte