Re: Overwhelming number of xruns in Ubuntustudio

Hi people,

Tried changing to 3 periods per buffer. I also tried the position_fix=1 2 and 3.
Alas! The problem remains.

Any ideias left?

thanks,

Lobo

Sampo Savolainen wrote:
On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 15:27 +0100, Ricardo Lobo wrote:

Hi,

Yes, the parameters are the same, I think they are the default ones:

Frames / Period 1024
Sample Rate 44100 Hz
Perios Buffer 2

My soundcard is a Conexant AC-Link Audio, I'm on a Hp dv5000 laptop.

Is that a intel-hda card? If so, try 3 periods per buffer. It seems
those types of "soundcards"(*) don't work with anything else. You might
also benefit from a slightly smaller frames / period, like 512.

The driver flags mentioned by Ivica Ico Bukvic (position_fix=1) is also
a good idea. My intel-hda "soundcard" only produces distortion without
it.

I changed driver from ALSA to OSS in JACK and the xruns stopped, is
this helpful to identify the problem?

The alsa driver should be better in the performance sense. You should
try different options for jack until you get it right.

  Sampo

(*) The intel-hda type interfaces have caused a lot of headache for
people using linux.