Re: How do you make a sound in both speakers at once, but not stereo

Bearcat M Sandor wrote:
I understand that when you hear something in the center of your sound stage it's because the sound is equally loud in both channels and in phase.

I agree, that's what I hear.

If you hear it spread evenly across the sound stage or even "everywhere in front of you" the sound is equal in both channels and out of phase.

I haven't heard that effect.

I heard a recording the other day where a singer was equally loud in both channels, but she was not center stage. Instead there was one of her in each channel.

How is that done? Thank you.

I have heard the "hole in the middle effect" when the speakers are
out of phase.

--
Phil Sexton: http://www.myspace.com/philsexton
Praise Whistlers Abroad: http://praisewhistlers.org/