Re: SoundForge's Pitch Bend in Linux?

Cassiano Bertol Leal:

Hi, list!

I am looking for some audio editing app (or maybe some plugin effect)
that would do the same as SoundForge's Pitch Bend.

What this effect does is that it presents you with a X-Y graph
representing the time (X) and the pitch (Y). This way, you can draw a
line that represents the bending of the pitch, time-wise.

Snd has an interface for this, located in either gtk-effects.scm (gtk) or new-effects.scm (motif). You'll find it under
Effects->"frequency effects"->"Src timevar".

The simplest thing might be to install snd-ls: http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/snd/

There is something similar in ReZound, but it does not sound very nice.
I think that it doesn't resample the audio, only shrinks/stretches the
samples it already has, thus outputting a very grainy and not-fat-at-all
low end.

Snd does this a way which sounds very good, using sinc resampling.