Re: Anyone know how to build ZynAddSubFx from the sourceforge tarball?

Folderol wrote:
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:48:55 +0200
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've problems with ZynAddSubFx on Fedora 7. It's hitting 100% CPU when I start it. I DL'd the tarball for it from Sourceforge, but there are no install instructions. There's some stuff in the README for windoze, but nothing for us Linux users.

I've other Fedora. and Debian installs where ZynAddSubFx works with no problems, so it's not that I don't have access to it, but would like some info as to how to build it from the tarball, and get it working on Fedora 7.

Any help appreciated.

Nigel.

Fortunately, being rather a squirrel I kept the notes I made for
compiling and installing on Mandrake :)

install mxml (2.2 or later)
Hi,
I recompiled Zynaddsubfx recently, and found that there's a problem with mxml versions later than 2.2.2. Latest is 2.3, which doesn't work. Zyn compiles, but you won't be able to load/save presets.

-c.
install fltk (1.1 or later)
install fftw (2.1 or later)

unpack ZynAddSubFX-2.2.1.tar.bz2
Set prefs in Makefile.inc to -> LINUX_AUDIOOUT=OSS_AND_JACK
make (no configure)
No 'make install' so copy zynaddsubfx to /usr/local/bin/

Some of those libraries may already be in your distro.