Re: water-damaged rhodes ? UPDATE

Greetings,

Thanks to a timely phone call from Marv Smoak, I decided against watering the unit. Marv connected me to a Rhodes repair service in Yellow Springs OH, the tech there recommended I leave the unit in the sun for a few days to dry the inside of the instrument. I removed the cover, set the keyboard out to dry, and voila, the keys are now all active again (i.e. they return when pressed). They definitely need adjustment though, which is beyond my skills.

I've cleaned the keys and the outside of the unit, it's looking good. Now comes the moment of truth: plugging it in to an amplifier. However, before I do that I'd like to check the unit for shorts or other electrical problems. How should I do so ? Apparently the unit is not externally powered, all I need to do is plug it into an amp.

And thank you all for your replies and helpful suggestions. Muchas gracias, amigos.

Best,

dp