Re: Progressive Quantisation

Nick Copeland wrote:
Hm, my reply to munging got damaged there!
Kurzweil developed a box to do this, I think as a project after selling his company to Young Chang. It was just such a PLL that would sync to the drummer so that the massively overproduced garange bands could play their music live, something that was impossible without miming the whole act. Basically the drummer would lead the tempo (some are notoriously bad at following a set tempo anyway), from that the software would derive a MIDI time code and away it went to drive the sequencers.

I remember, a long time ago, playing an Electrohome home organ which varied the beat box tempo by following the timing the player used on the pedalboard. I was young at the time (in the 60s) and I'm not sure how well/badly it worked. But, I do remember the owner boasting about it :)

EMAIL: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca