Re: questions about 'LENOVO 3000 N100'

Ken Restivo wrote:

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 12:30:14PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 15:36 -0500, Peter Finnegan wrote:

>From my experience with my thinkpad, firewire generally works fine.  I
discovered that to get a clean sound with my presonus firebox, I had to
turn off the wireless radio, as they shared the same irq interrupt.  I
have had no problems capturing video from my camcorder.

I do not know if the 3000 series have the same firewire chipset (Texas
Instruments).
lspci on my 3000 N100 says that firewire is a Ricoh chipset.
05:06.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd Unknown device 0832

That is the bad chipset. I have the same one and it does NOT stream correctly, and thus is unusable for Linux audio.

I purchased a FireWire Express Card that has a TI chipset and works perfectly, for US$60 online. In fact, I am using it right this moment, for capturing DV from a friend's camera.

- -ken

ok people, you really gave me lot of useful information - very thankful for that!

i am convinced that we are going to get an thinkpad-R60e.
i am working with an thinkpad for 2 years now and i am just happy with it.

cheers,
doc