Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:37:08 +0200
From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so
To: linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 05:38:34PM +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:

Any program that correctly does dynamic linking should work with
ackdmp. I remember some (?? don't remember which right now )-:) that
were doing static linking with a specific version of libjack.so thus
failing to work with jackdmp.

I have a weird problem with alsaplayer.

I start jackdmp on hw:1. Everything works fine, except alsaplayer.
When started it plays to both hw:0 and hw:1, at twice the normal
speed but normal pitch. Now I guess it was linked statically
with libjack (Grrrr), but why/how it manages to use both servers
at the same time I just can't imagine...

Hum, how can that happens?? Do you really have jackd and jackdmp running at the same time??

The autotools files just are beyond my comprehension. Does anyone
know the trick to make alsaplayer use the dynamic libjack (and only
that) ?

jackdmp 0.63
alsaplayer 0.99.80-rc2

Recompile it with jackdmp installed?   ((-:

Stephane