Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:54:18 +0200
From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Re: Jackmp - libjackdmp.so
To: linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 15:24 +0200, Stéphane Letz wrote:
Le 20 août 07 à 15:11, Asmo Koskinen a écrit :

Stéphane Letz kirjoitti:
The best is always to get the latest published version (0.63 for
now).

OK, it seems that I have try this version:

asmok@ubuntu:~$ /usr/local/bin/jackdmp
jackdmp 0.64

This is the SVN version. Better use the published 0.63 version
(http://www.grame.fr/~letz/jackdmp_0.63.zip)

How about other programs? Do you know what programs can use jackdmp
instead of jackd? Is there any available?

Bets regards Asmo Koskinen.

Any program that correctly does dynamic linking should work with
jackdmp. I remember some (?? don't remember which right now )-:) that
were doing static linking with a specific version of libjack.so thus
failing to work with jackdmp.

Aren't there some differences with the threads in which certain
callbacks are executed,

Yes, they are 2 threads, one for audio callback (Real-Time) and one for non RT code, that is notifications from the server. But in general this is completely transparent for applications, and I don't know of any applications that show problems because of that (if they are some, please tell me... ((:)

and with MIDI?

Dmitry Baikov was working on that, and part of the code for MIDI in already in jackdmp MIDI branch, although it is not complete yet.

Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx