Re: questions about 'LENOVO 3000 N100'

Dragan Noveski wrote:
Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 17:20 +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:

for 'lenovo 3000 n100' here:

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/product_info.php/lenovo_3000_n100_megaaktion_1024mb

I have a higher end version of the same notebook at work.  It hasn't
been very nice to use with linux.  I can't get the firewire or wireless
to work.  I can't get the power modes to work nicely.  Also, the
construction isn't as nice as the Thinkpads, there are only two mouse
buttons instead of three, and the display isn't as nice.  The previous
work notebook was a Thinkpad R series, and it just worked perfectly.  It
actually got more battery life from Linux than it did on Windows.  The
reason I don't still have the Thinkpad R series is that it was stolen
>from airport luggage.

joshua, this is exactly a feedback i wanted to have, since you are directly experienced with almost the same machine! very much thanks for the comments - i think i will have a look at sth like thinkpad-r60..

A friend who got a new computer (not laptop) had many similar problems (network support, etc) with a bunch of distros, including Ubuntu. His machine works perfectly with Fedora 7 ... just a thought.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx