Re: Goodbye ReplyTo munging...

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 11:33:04AM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

No, it's the result of the settings of my account on the mailing list server - remove duplicate messages, which is the correct thing to do.

OK, so you opt to receive only the copy that is sent directly to you
and not the one from the list. In that case you can't blame the list
if what you receive doesn't match your expectations - the copy you do
receive was never handled by it at all.

But otherwise I get duplicates. This should not be a job for the client, to remove duplicates. It's the job of the mailing list to work in such a way that duplicates are not sent.

It's not enough that the majority of all email traffic is spam, now we're adding to the problem.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/