Re: Wine alsa midi output

Chris McCormick wrote:

Apologies if this is the wrong list, but I figured since it's Linux
audio related this might be appropriate.

I am trying to run a [GPL] app under Wine, and read it's midi output
into Pd. Midi input using alsa works fine now, and there are options
in the program - modplug tracker - for midi output, but nothing seems
to come out of any alsa midi channels. I suspect that the default alsa
midi output is to Midi Through and I just don't know how to redirect alsa
midi through back into Pd. There is a lot of conflicting information on
the net about what to do, so I wonder if anyone can tell me if they have
apps running under Wine which are outputting into a Linux alsa midi app?

I am running Wine 0.9.25 which is the default in Debian Etch right now.
Hi Chris,

Normally the Windows app should have a MIDI I/O Preferences dialog. I select the ports within the app, then route the sends & receives via QJackCtl's MIDI connections panel. The apps themselves won't be shown, but of course the MIDI Thru and other ports will be there.

Btw, what audio driver are you using with Wine ? I'm getting great results from the wineasio driver.

Best,

dp