tool to invert left channel and mix it to right

Hello!

What would be the command line magic to get stereo wav mixed to mono and left channel inverted before the mixdown?

Background:

I have recorded vocals with M-Audio Microtrack 24/96 (portable recorder) and I've used mic cable that has one xlr connector to the mic and two mono plugs to the recorder, which records stereo.

To get the final mono, I have to invert one of the channels and mix it with the other. This way all the errors on the signal get canceled.

I've done this with audacity, but it's rather lengthy operation if I have several files to convert.

Tommi