Re: 25 key midi keyboards

On 7/25/07, Loki Davison <loki.davison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/25/07, José Pedro Ferreira <pedro.ferreira@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm thinking about buying a 25 key keyboard to do some composition under
> linux. Is there any list of recommended devices, known to work OK? I've
> thought about the M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 or the M-Audio Axiom 25. Anyone
> uses them? Any other good suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pedro

I'm thinking of selling mine, as i'm moving overseas. evolution
MK-425C. Works very well under linux. I'd say nicer than the oxygen
but not as cool as the axiom. ;)

I would agree that an evolution is better than an Oxygen.. I had  both, and the keys on the oxygen were very spongy. See if you can try them out before you buy though.

If I was going to go for a new midi keyboard now, I would probably buy one of the emu x-board range.

James