Re: GPL Scoring/Engraving Programs

On 6/26/07, Andrew Gaydenko <a@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
======= On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Brett W. McCoy wrote: =======
> Why no mention of Rosegarden? It's missing some features, obviously,
> but it's still quite usable for scoring and printing of music, and has
> some nice features for mapping/transposing instruments to defined
> ranges.

As for me, the main issue here is multivoicing absence (well, is something
changed?).

Yeah, it's one of the missing features. I write orchestrated music
with Rosegarden and part writing is mostly unnecessary, so I haven't
really missed it. I don't remember the technique but there was a way
to simulate multiple voices using overlapping segments, I think.

-- Brett